Doris Sitter opened a Dance Studio in Moose Jaw in 1948 and by 1966, the Doris Sitter School of Dance was a recognized and registered Dance Studio.
For over 60 years, Mrs. Sitter shared her passion for dance and provided a strong foundation for students pursuing a career in the arts. So many of her students have successful careers because of her special mentorship and guidance.
Mrs. Sitter retired in 2008 and Anita Herle-Bauck and Darla Thompson-Zerff, both trained and mentored by Doris Sitter, became owners of the Dance Studio and incorporated the business.
We are passionate about:
- providing high quality, professional dance education
- a friendly, family-oriented environment
- preserving the Doris Sitter School of Dance reputation
- dance excellence for seventy (70) years.
We are dedicated to providing support and the necessary resources for students towards:
- setting realistic personal goals
- achieving their personal best to build self-esteem
- developing self-discipline as a life skill
- engaging in a teamwork environment for life experience